<------ We've posted the same petition below on two diferent sites in order to reach out to more people. PLEASE SIGN BOTH PETITIONS!
Below is our petition directed to the Florida House Of Representatives. Read it, comment, and help us put an end to nursing home neglect and abuse.
To: Florida House Of Representatives
We the people of the United States Of America demand stiffer laws and harsher penalties on all nursing homes. The elderly and disabled need maximum protection to keep them healthy and Safe. Let's make this a better world to live in for everyone. The Dahmer family is striving for:
- 1. Require nursing homes to have background checks done before commencement of all employees, and then every third year on all employees. Prohibit convicted felons. (The director of nursing at Lake Worth Manor was a convicted felon. Armed robbery, theft, assault, and drug charges.)
- 2. Make sure every nursing home is fully staffed at all times. (Lake Worth Manor was EXTREMELY UNDERSTAFFED.) The nursing facility will be fined $10,000 per occurrence for not being fully staffed. (Being understaffed means the quality of care suffers.)
- 3. Health inspections done every 3 months instead of every 15 months.
- 4. Make sure there is a doctor on site 7 days a week. If not, then there needs to be ready access to an after hours doctor for residents. (There was no doctor assigned at Lake Worth Manor.)
- 5. Make sure there is a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 per resident coverage living in nursing facility for negligence or death and $10,000,000 global coverage. (Lake Worth Manor covered $10,000 per resident coverage.)
- 6. Surveillance camera's put in residents rooms upon request (school's, nursery's, etc have them, so why not nursing homes?)
- 7. Nursing homes must have a 4 or 5 star rating or fined $10,000 per occurrence when below 4 stars.
- 8. All the above nursing home requirements and regulations shall not be state funded. The owner, owners, or corporations shall be fully responsible to make sure every nursing home facility has maximum protection and maximum safety on each resident staying or living in nursing home facilities.
We need to Make Sure That ALL the Residents Rights are GRANTED!! Each Resident Should Get The Best Care There Is. They ALL NEED TO Treat Each Resident With Dignity and Respect. That's the Way It Should Be."CHIEF WHITE OWL'S LAW"
*~*~In HONOR and MEMORY Of CHIEF WHITE OWL aka George Dahmer*~*~*
If you have a similar story you would like to share privately or publicly please send pictures, ideas, stories, etc. We have plenty more to add to our site, so visit back in the near future and PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!